what brand of printer do you own

when i was buying my lexmark x1180 last year ie jan2006 i was debating weather to get a epson all in one or a lexmark and i decided the lexmark cos of the origonal cost of the printer but now i think that i have made a mistake cos of the ink prices its like £30 $60 each time they run out and that is for half full cartridges yet my friend could fill his epson 2 or 3 times for that much but his isnt an all in one and cost nearly double the price of mine to buy so i suppose it was a trade off between orig price or running cost and i chose orig price :(
oh and my lexmark has one colour cartridge instead of seperates which is a waste so i am starting to refil them again cos now i have 2 lexmarks running the same ink cartridges 17and 27 or 16 and 26 so it is gonna become more expensive now

Yeah. I think there are some shops around my area that just refill the cartridges since the cost of the ink itself is cheaper since most of the cost for cartridges is for the cartridge itself not the ink. So why pay so much for ink when you can just save money and refill the ink.

Or if you're a DIY person, you could even hook it up so instead of using cartridges, it's connected to a constant supply of ink. I saw my friend's printer and his dad did that. There's little tubes that go to the back where little bottles of ink are stored and when refilling is needed, he just refills the ink. I don't know how he did that though...it was cool.

Yeah. I think there are some shops around my area that just refill the cartridges since the cost of the ink itself is cheaper since most of the cost for cartridges is for the cartridge itself not the ink. So why pay so much for ink when you can just save money and refill the ink.

Or if you're a DIY person, you could even hook it up so instead of using cartridges, it's connected to a constant supply of ink. I saw my friend's printer and his dad did that. There's little tubes that go to the back where little bottles of ink are stored and when refilling is needed, he just refills the ink. I don't know how he did that though...it was cool.
that could be easy with epson or other makes with the print head on the printer but with lexmark hp and dell the print head is on the cartridge

as for the cost of ink it is mega expensive thats why i try to use my epson as much as pos , i use the x1180 lexmark for a4 photos when neede and the z515 for then cd labl things and the hp is for 4x6 photos

The cost of ink itself is actually cheap. Ink cartridges are expensive because it costs a lot to manufacture the cartridges. The ink is a lot cheaper which is why it's more affordable to just refill empty cartridges.

I tried refilling ink cartridges but it didn't go well. The cartridges wouldn't work after I refilled them. Guess I'm just not cut out for it, besides my printer uses toner and I don't think it's possible to refill toner.

The cost of ink itself is actually cheap. Ink cartridges are expensive because it costs a lot to manufacture the cartridges. The ink is a lot cheaper which is why it's more affordable to just refill empty cartridges.

yeah , sorry thats what you said in your orig post , its 10 past midnight here so i am kindof tired

its mainly the lexmark and hp that are more expensive cos the printhead itself is on the cartridge whereas older epson and cannon etc have a printhead in the printer and the cartridge is jutst an ink tank
also some newer epson cartridges are being chipped in a battle to combat refilling which i think is wrong as we should be able to refil ink thats what remanufacturing companies do

I tried refilling ink cartridges but it didn't go well. The cartridges wouldn't work after I refilled them. Guess I'm just not cut out for it, besides my printer uses toner and I don't think it's possible to refill toner.

Some stores are certified to do it. Yeah, refilling it yourself is rather tricky. It's easy to screw up.

I got a dell All in one printer its great it has a scanner, works as a copy machine, fax and it had a media card reader. Im pretty happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom