Pentium 4 better than C2D ?

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right heres a question thats bin bugging me (well 2 really)

is it possible for a P4 to outdo a C2D if a program isnt made for dual core processors so it cant use all the power of it.

can second life use dual core CPU's Properly

heres why i ask. my mates computer specs are

Pentium 4 3.2Ghz With HT
2GB RAM 667Mhz
7100GS graphics card
Asus motherboard

my girlfriends brothers specs r

C2D e6320 1.86Ghz
2GB RAM 667Mhz
7300LE graphics card
Same asus motherboard

and my mate with the P4 can run 13 second lifes and my G/F's brother can only run 7 (forget asking y they need so many)

is it possible that second life cant utilise both cores so its using the full 3.2Ghz of the P4 but only half of the C2D which (although u cnt really clock C2D's on single core speeds) should be about 3Ghz ish so its running better on the P4

also the C2D machine has a better graphics card so.... whats going on here

theres no doubt that the C2D machine is better coz once he has 7 Second lifes he can run his pc smoothly like nothing else is running where as the P4 takes bout 15 seconds to load thr start menu and like 15 mins to load IE. the C2D will load up numerous IE and play music videos everything perfect.

so whats going on here

maybe second life only opens a number of times cos it sees 3.2ghz and thinks it is faster than a 1.86ghz of the c2d anf also the fact that he can still do all the other crap on the c2d would suggest maybe 2nd life only uses one physical core but can utilise the ht on the p4

also are the ram sticks the same brand ??

yeh all i think everything is the same brand coz i built it for them both and just changed the processor and the case and graphics card.

yh i think SL can only use 1 core properly so maybe on future updates the C3D will overtake it

Back
Top Bottom