Computer 'sighing'

prometheus92

Solid State Member
Hi...

I play games a lot..and one thing that has happened over the last few months has been my computer sighing. If you've ever experienced this, I mean when the computer suddenly makes everything stop for a second (and this is usually when I'm in the heat of combat) and it just sounds like it goes from hi-fan to something like low fan almost as if it were temporarily powering down. Is there any way to stop this? It really interrupts my gaming.

Thanks

Hi...

I play games a lot..and one thing that has happened over the last few months has been my computer sighing. If you've ever experienced this, I mean when the computer suddenly makes everything stop for a second (and this is usually when I'm in the heat of combat) and it just sounds like it goes from hi-fan to something like low fan almost as if it were temporarily powering down. Is there any way to stop this? It really interrupts my gaming.

Thanks

Generally sounds like your computer is finding it difficult to keep up with the demands of your gaming and overloads it a bit. What are your system specs?

system specs and temperatures would be nice.
Might be the harddrive, I'd run the diagnostics tool. (should find one on the hdd manufacturers website)

Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Hard Drive: 120gb
Video Card: Radeon X1300 Series
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech
Keyboard: Hewlett Packard
Mouse: Hewlett-Packard
Mouse Surface: Plastic
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

Clearly your system is powerful enough. My next 'physical' solution would be to check the airflow of the computer. You bought this pre-made right? Some manufacturers are right a-holes in my experience. Check nothing is stopping airflow and that all fans are working correctly.

Check the temperatures of hardware too.

Yeah, since it is an intel, I would guess that things are getting too hot so it's slowing itself down to cool down. Hence the sigh you here as everything slows down.

Yeah... Or...

Hi...
Thanks

Are you online gaming?

And what is your screen res and what type of monitor have you got? Is it new?

Could it be over heating in your monitor?

Back
Top Bottom