Internet Explorer V FireFox

ssc456

Fully Optimized
well what u think

im really asking coz i hear nothing but good things bout firefox but i just love IE and have never had a problem with it.

should i change if im happy n e way ?

so come on whats the advantages of FF over IE ?

what u think is better

Note. in the poll vote which u think is better not what u think i should change to (coz they might be diff)

well ever since I tried firefox I have never wanted to go back to IE. Overall IE is just like most other microsoft product, crap. I head IE 7 is good but I never bothered to try it.
But give ff a try and see if you like it.

also, you can get a spell checker for ff, seems like you could use one.

ouch that hurt lol

nah its a forum not an essay trust i can spell when i need to

I'm going to be a bit controversial here...

For the casual (non-technical) user I would never advocate anything other than Firefox. There's no doubting that Firefox is more secure by default than IE will ever be, and it's certainly no stretch to state that there are always going to be more risks involved in running IE7 - if only because it is so tightly integrated into the rest of Windoze, and because it will always be a target for the maliciously-minded anti-Redmond brigade.

However, for the 'techies', I can't see there's that much difference tbh. Yes there are some cool extensions for Firefox, but i can live without them.

What is pissing me off about FF the most is the fact that there is STILL a massive problem with the cut & paste functionality with the browser, which has NOT been fixed, despite seemingly every new release trumpeting that it HAS been fixed. This bug drives me insane - I've never been a fan of tabbed windows and often open separate instances of FF - but as soon as I do this, its a race against time before the copy & paste bug appears. This is an almighty cock-up on Firefox's part.

Rant over.:)

I prefer FF, it has extensions and themes and it's open source. IE7 is good, but I still like firefox better.

i origonaly got firefox back in the non tabbed ie days cos i liked the idea of tabs and still do and i just kept pdating firefox cos i liked it , other than that the security which was not a big issue for me

and i agree about the thing with non technical users cos i use it on my parents pc and they have never had problems

i only use ie for stuff you have to like windows update and shizz like that

the only bad thing is in the new firefox i never use the restore previous session button after all my faviourates got destroyed but similarly bad stuff has happened in IE like passwords being remembered when i distinctly told it not too so each browser has bad sides to them ,but other than that ff is good

I just converted to FF from IE7 (Last night to be exact). What I really like about FF is the vast amount of add-ons that you could only dream of for IE.

Basically I use Firefox over IE because it allows much more customization and offers some great extensions etc. I also find it faster than IE, but not as fast as Opera.

Matt

fire fox owns all bitch!

not a bad way to put it!
I do like firefox though, it's by far my favorite browser. I've tried opera, safari, maxthon, avant, netscape, k-meleon, and IE but firefox is by far the best. IE7 is close behind, but it's a MS product which means it will be more vulnerable to attacks. Still, I think MS came a long way from IE6 to IE7. I used to never recommend IE to anyone, now I recommend IE7. Firefox 2 is definitely better than 1.5, although it's still the same GUI and all. I can't wait for version 3 to come out, I've heard it's going to have a new interface.
Oh I forgot to add one thing, all the add-ons for FF are free. For IE you have to pay for some of them which is really stupid! I can't see paying 20 bucks for an add-on for a FREE browser. I still have yet to find any good IE add-ons.

Back
Top Bottom