Best overclocking motherboard and ram?

I thought I'd find this out just in case it turns out my motherboard is dead. I want a 775 socket board for my E6600 thats compatible with my OCZ PC6400 ram. I'll be running vista 64bit and XP 32bit so I want something with vista support. All other spec's are in my sig. Price range roughly $200 if you show me something more than that please explain whats so much better on the board.

Also if it turns out I fried my ram and not the board whats the best ram for my p5n32 SLI board? Again $200 range.

Thanks guys

for the motherboard, my favorite is outside of your range. I like it as an OCer but Ownage has one he likes better, and his word is law when it comes to OCing so I would wait for his say in that aspect.

The best RAM I have ever worked with is the Buffalo FireStix. If you want something a little cheaper, the XMS2s work pretty well in there from what I've heard.

the 680i chipset i think will provide you with the best OC possible. on the other hand mushkin IMO has the best overclocking ram on the market. never read too much on buffalo firestix though. your going to be buying 2 gigs right not 1 or 4.

the 680i chipset i think will provide you with the best OC possible. on the other hand mushkin IMO has the best overclocking ram on the market. never read too much on buffalo firestix though. your going to be buying 2 gigs right not 1 or 4.

Yeah, I like the 680i too, but I do tend to believe what ownage says here because he has proven to know 1million times more than me on the topic. I'm not saying that to dis-credit you or anything, as I know you are good at it too. It's just that he has helped me and I know he can provide good insight on the advantages and disadvantages of each board/chipset.

Mushkin is ok, doesn't work too well in strikers, but good RAM overall. Take a look in the review section, I did one on the firestix.

go for 680i great bored
make sure u got a good powersupply
and supported ram tho

P965. I've overclocked my E6600 to 3.9 GHz almost stable on air. 3.8 completely stable in the winter, unfortunately with it being so much hotter lately I can't get it stable quite that high.

The Asus P5B-E I have is only $150.

ive seen witht he zalman 7900 and 680i pluse good ram a core 2 duo 6600 4 ghz stable in the antec 900 case

Ya whatever I get has to has SLI though. Although I don't have a 2nd 8800gts yet i'll probally pick one up shortly. I'll increase my budget to $250 for the motherboard. I think that should cover just about any board. I guess something that is quad core compatable would be a plus since i'll probally end up getting on in about 6 months to a year anyways. Thats what I heard about the 680i's that they were great overclockers. Just not sure which board I should pick up that has the best track record.

Is this the board you guys are talking about? EVGA 680i

Back
Top Bottom