New to FF

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well, It was a while since I tried FF last, so I figured I would give it a try again. So far I'm liking it (typing this in FF). My only question is how can I make it stop showing all the sites I have visited as I type a new URL? I have that disabled in IE7, but I can't figure out how to do it in FF.

The biggest reason I want to know is I just don't want anyone knowing what sites I have been to. Is it even possible to disable this?

FF is the best and yes you can.

Go to Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Untick 'Remember Pages visited for the last'.

Hope that helps. But you will have to close Firefox for the pages to be deleted.

Cool thanks. Kinda sucks that you can't completely stop that, but at least all i need to do is close it down.

I must admit, it has improved a lot since I first tried FF. I have fallen in love with it already.

The best feature is the clear private data IMO. I have it set to clear out everything after every session.

Yeah, I use FF at home. At the moment, I'm at a mates for the week so using IE6 I believe. The laptops pretty snazzy.

I find when clearing private data, even if I still ask it to remember passwords, it tends to still not auto sign in to sites, and I have to put it all in again.
Probably has something to do with cookies too though...

Back
Top Bottom