Average system specifications

Well, most of the systems I see being sold right now still have XP on them, making the people who have one gig happy.

However, for Vista, I would agree that the average is probably 2 gig.

how long u think till vista will be the only thing sold
and idk about that
at best buy the other day i didnt see one pc with xp

wow
as soon as dirxt x ten games start coming out i guse.....
im one of the people who like vista tho
couple more months of tweeking and vista should not have to many problems left

I'd say an "average" computer would be something that could run vista home basic. Otherwise I say anything with a P4 and 512MB RAM would be considered average, however everyone's interpretation of average is different.

all the comps at best buy have vista on them, never see XP anymore on them

I've noticed that too. The only place I know that sells new computers with the option of XP is dell. Personally, I don't want to go back to XP. Vista seems more stable and I like the new features. I was playing with Windows 2000 on a virtual machine and noticed that there really wasn't much difference between it and windows XP. The GUI, and start menu were about it. Later in SP2 they added the security center, but I still feel like XP is just a build on 2000. They're both good operating systems, but vista is far better.

well it realy depends cos places like schools and that have stuff like 2.x pentium 4 or celeron D with 512-1gb ram and a 40gb hd or at least thats what most of my schools systems are like anyway , same with hospitals and other government departments then for home users it reealy depends on the needs , like if they are just internet and word processing then they would have a simmilar system to the one above , with maybe a larger hard drive like 80 or 120gb then for high end tasks such as photos and videos they would have a low end amd dual core , a 3600 or 3800 with 1gb ram and a 250gb hard drive . then the high end gamers like the type on here would have , high end amd , 5800-6000 or a c2d e6400-e6600 with 2gb's or 800mhz ram and some decent sized sata hard drivess

what i would think about is what is the average people are spending on a computer , calculate that , than work out what system you could get for that much cos it aint realy fair to calculate and average system specs from what people own cos some people still own p3 866mhz wirth 128mb ram and that would drag the average specs down

Dell forced Vista onto new PC purchases, but there was uproar.

So now Dell sell XP on new machines. Vista sales are beyond poor.

i dont think thats true at all ^ vista sales have been very good
for a new os
aslong as u got 2g of ram and a desent cpu vista runs great

Back
Top Bottom