I dont think m Vista Sleep mode is working 100%

superman22x

Golden Master
I have been meaning to ask this since I got my new mobo about 2 months ago, lol, but anyway, here is the problem. When I put my computer in sleep mode, every thing is still on and all, and all I have to do is wiggle the mouse and it all comes back on. With m old mobo, I would press the power button, like hibernate, and it would come on. All my fans are still going, the hardrive is still going I think, and the LEDs are all on. I dont think its right, any ideas?

Check in the power settings. You may need to set up a custom power plan or what ever they call it, but one of the options should be to put the system into hibernate after X amount of time.

Yeah that definitely isn't right. On my computer, when you put it in sleep mode, it turns off the drives, and goes into... sleep.

So whenever you put it in sleep mode, it just turns off the monitor?

Edit: Like Celegorm said, you might want to try and go into power settings. It is a bit funky with Vista.

Basically just turns off the monitor. I can do hibernate, but its really slow.

Just looked at power management, and its suppesed to go to sleep after an hour. but sleep mode is just not sleep mode.

It's sure looks like the BIOS. Vista sleep mode is working fine, if your old board worked. It could just be a new BIOS that could fix this.

Or, the mtherboard may not support S3 suspend, which turn s off the PC when in sleep mode. You might want to try Hibernate, which is similar to Sleep, just that it's saving the session on the HDD and then you can resume where you left, as you power back on. You can transport the PC as well.

Back
Top Bottom