laptop video cards

LeviM01

Solid State Member
I recently got a new laptop for when I head off to college but I also wanted to be able to play games on it. It has a gig of ram and a decent processor but only an integrated video card.

I know that there is decent video cards available for laptops but I don't know where to start.
1. Can I even buy laptop video cards outside of a new laptop?
2. Can my Toshiba (I think it is a toshiba satelite) upgrade to a new card?
3. Should I have someone else do it if I am not sure how to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

umm im not sure if you can buy new video cards or not what kind of intergrated card is it ?

my old celron 1.7 with 1 GB RAM and intel intergrated graphics runs a few lower end game your not really gonna be able to run high end games on any laptop

what u thinkin of running ?

I was planning on running bf2142 and maybe even battlefield 2.

Here is a screen shot of some of my system specs:

systemspecs.jpg

I used everest home edition to get these.

BF2142 is TOO high for it. I should contact Toshiba and ask if you can upgrade the GPU. If no, then you're stuck for the rest of your life with this one...well...for the laptop.

thats the same chipset as mine can i ask you if u got a driver cd with that laptop ??

umm i can play formula 1 2006 and gtr2 i never tried BF2 but i think you will be able to play it on low settings

well it's not playable at all, it gets to the splash/loading screen and then looks like it is switching to fullscreen and then it crashes to the desktop without an error. The only reason I suspect the video card is because I emailed EA with my system specs and that is what they told me.

That's for both games. I've heard that this card will run bf2142 on low settings but it won't even try to.

And the drivers are all the way updated according to my computer. I guess that I will try and contact Toshiba but first I am going to try and load those games on my dad's laptop. He has almost identical specs but he runs windows xp...

What exaclty is MXM? Is it something that comes installed in notebooks? Or something that you can install afterwards?

Back
Top Bottom