Problems with sleep mode in vista

nayr1991

Baseband Member
i have had some problems with my computer going into sleep and you cannot wake it. the light and fans and hdd are still running but the only way you can use it is by restarting which can be quite a nuisance. any ideas on how to fix this other than turning sleep off completely?

What does pressing the power button do? Does it wake it up for you, or just shut the system down?

Also are you using a USB Keyboard/Mouse? Sometimes Windows gets confused as it shuts off USB devices, which can include Keyboards and mice.

Matt

What does pressing the power button do? Does it wake it up for you, or just shut the system down?

Nothing, if you hold it down for 4 secs it restarts which it is set to do in bios. When i was using XP you just tapped the power button and it came out of sleep fine, but it doesnt do anything now

Yeah, as demonstrated in this thread: http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=56800
Vista has problems with Sleep mode.

I checked with the power setting and there is nothing there. I personally don't think that there is a solution to that, seeing as how two completely different rigs had that problem with the same feature. My computer doesn't go into sleep either, it just shuts off.

I'll report it to windows and see what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom