AMD Sempron 3100+ or Pentium iii???

CyMax

Beta member
Hello all, I'm new here so please take it easy on me. I currently have a Compaq Presario SR1502NX with a Sempron 3100+ processor, and tomorrow I'm buying a Dell with a Pentium iii 863mhz. One of these are going to my Grandmother-in-law. She just needs something to contact the outside world while she battles cancer. She is a wonderful lady and really just needs something to email and surf the net. Love as much as I do, but she will be getting the lesser of the 2 machines. So basically we use the PC for web browsing and really lame free games ( see MSN, Miniclip, ect ).

So, which one of these 2 machines would you keep??

Thank you all ahead of time for any help you can give.

If it was me, and my grandmother was dying of cancer, I would give her the better machine, thats what I would do. You don't her to be stressed over the slowness of the Pentium iii, you can take the stress. She already has enough.

Yeah man, Pentium 4's and Pentium D's are REALLY cheap nowadays. Why get a craptastic Pentium 3 at 863 Mhz, when you can for about the same price grab a 2+ Ghz Pentium 4.

I think these are comptuers he already has, that's why he isn't buying better parts. CyMax, correct me if i was wrong.

Also Cymax, sorry to hear about the situation.

He said that he is buying, which means he is in the process of doing it. If he already has these parts, then I would give the Sempron to the Grandmother in law, seeing as how she will be glad to have a better computer and will also know that her son in law truly cares about her.

Back
Top Bottom