Best Gaming Speakers ?

Hey, get a cheap 5.1 receiver, 4 speakers, and a 12 inch sub. Works for me, and since the sub has independent voluming/power switching, I turn off the sub when I play games due to the sudden grenade blasts, could blow out the sub or something. Even though this sub will handle ANYTHING. I can hear this thing from all floors of the house, and thats the sub, by itself. I can also hear it from outside my house. I could hold a house party with this one sub. Anyway, I have a cheap Sony receiver, Sony 12 inch sub, 2 Bose 201 reflector's in the front, and 2 more of those little Pioneer speakers that mount on the wall, which are mounted right above my couch.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121121
since you metion nothing about budget you should build your own woofer too that would be SICK
What exactly do you mean by build your own? I'm so depressed. I had 2 gigantic 19 inch subs, in wood housings, before I got into the ages of sound systems. I was like 8 years old, and I couldn't stop my father from throwing them away. If I had those things right now they would f*ckin' own. They were bigger than my TV. Man I wish I had them.

@juice, did you mean 5 speakers? or 4... cause you need a center..

@dirtbikeridr, that isnt a 5.1 receiver is it??? sure doesnt look like one, just a stereo receiver with an equalizer

what i use are 12" floor standing KLH speakers (they freakin pound :p) those are hooked up to an onkyo tube amp and my oh my does this baby pur... but as far as my recommended setup, get a home theater receiver, you can not only hook your computer up to it and get amazing sound, but you can hook other things up, so you save space and get great sound, if you want help finding stuff let me know, ive built numerous $xxxx home theaters for people

how do you hook a home 5.1 system to your computer? im using an external sound blaster extigy(old i know but it still rocks) ive never heard of people doing this before..i guess im under a rock..or in my basement

I just got the Z-640s and they are good, but are far from the best. Loud enough for me in my room, but idk bout other ppl. Plus I dont have a fancy sound card. Just onboard HD sound from my computer, but if I where to buy a sound card in the $50 range would I notice a difference? Or would it be minimal?

You would sort of notice one. In order to really notice a difference, you would have to get an X-Fi card or something similar.

Right now I see no point in getting a sound card, unless you have like a 7.1 set up.

Back
Top Bottom