Help me build a computer for 1k

Why would you give him and SLI board?? That's ridiculous. The 680i chipset is really not even that good.

Get something like the Abit IB9 motherboard, an Intel E6300 or 6400 processor, a GeForce 8600GT video card, and a 500 watt power supply that's a good brand like Silverstone or Antec.

Very nice build, but still a very reasonable price. That way, you can spend more on a bigger and better monitor for your movies and such.

Then obviously some kind of case, DVD burner, monitor, etc.

Yeah, I agree with freestyler. Why get such a powerful SLi board, and a so-so graphics card? If you are going to buy SLi, then why not just get a good Graphics card so later you can upgrade. This way he is wasting money on a graphics card that will become outdated really soon.

Also, that PSU is very low quality, go with the OCZ.

Lol rudster, you had to quote your own thread. Although I must agree that it is a nice computer you have in there, wwmost should check it out. However, they just need an optical drive, TV tuner (optional), OS, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

i left those out because those parts are mostly personal choice and depend on there style and needs heck im sure the 400-600$ one would do him in just fine though

He doesn't need the 8600 for anything he does on the PC. He said he doesn't game a lot, and video editing doesn't need a good graphics card... He could get some random 128MB graphics card and it would do him just fine. To get better render times on video editing you may want a good processor and at least 1GB ram for XP, 2GB for Vista. Also a 100GB SATA drive would be fine. He doesn't need top of the line stuff.

i left those out because those parts are mostly personal choice and depend on there style and needs heck im sure the 400-600$ one would do him in just fine though

I see, I couldn't figure out why you left that out of each build. I was just too lazy to ask why lol.

I would have to agree with Jesus to an extent. If he doesn't get Vista, an 8600 is kinda pointless. However, if he does get vista, the 86 will be nice to compliment the new fetures of vista.

Back
Top Bottom