New Guitar

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Not yet. :D
Help me choose, CF. OK, so I think I'm going to treat myself to a PRS guitar for my birthday, I'm getting one of the SE models. Until recently I was in love with a flat black SE Standard, as seen here:
SESTD-TREM-FBL_front.jpg

However, today I stumbled across a photo of someone's SE Custom in gray black maple finish, as seen here:
my_prs_1.jpg

:eek:

Yeah, that one's making it a tough decision, what do you think guys? I'm really, really leaning toward the gray black one but I'd like input. Reason being, I think the flat black one would scratch easily and be hard to take care of (polish will not work on flat paint). I also like the uniqueness of the wood grain and the natural edge on that one, look close and you can see the line around the edge. The pickups will be changed from zebra to all black eventually, so yeah.

I'm not much of a guitar person, but your reasoning with the black one getting scratched seems logical, and therefore I'd go with the bottom one ^.^

The seciond one looks mre expensive (i play guitar) it looks heaps better. its probably better quality.

It's a Paul Reed Smith SE Custom on bottom and Standard on top. They are pretty much identical, except finish, knobs, and pickups.

??? the other one looks like a different type of guitar. if the second one isn't much more than the first one i would get it!

It's $100 more. Making it $600.

I think I'm going to get it, eventually on either one of these the pickups will be swapped for HFS type treble and a Vintage type bass like in the PRS 24s. So basically it will sound very similar to a $3,000 guitar for about $800. It's a great sound, too.

1 year! :D
I've been playing in drop D, B, and just started today in A#. I really want to learn E standard so that's partially why I am getting this. The one I play now is a modified Squier and it's only a 10W Squier amp, so I'm upgrading a little this summer with some of the money I make. The Squier can't be tuned to E because of heavy gauge strings right now and I like it low.

1 year! :D
I've been playing in drop D, B, and just started today in A#. I really want to learn E standard so that's partially why I am getting this. The one I play now is a modified Squier and it's only a 10W Squier amp, so I'm upgrading a little this summer with some of the money I make. The Squier can't be tuned to E because of heavy gauge strings right now and I like it low.

Ive bin learning for 4. (im 13 Yrs old) what type of songs u play?

Back
Top Bottom