xcomputer

Baseband Member
Hello members,

I just about to buy a Intel E6600
Asus P5n32-e-sli
Corsair Ram
and a 8800GTS 640mb Version.
8800GTX < just curious

Can any1 think me how much roughly each component takes up of power (watts) and a recommend PSU ..

Thank for your help !

for that setup you probably need a minimum of 450 Watts id reccomend 550 though i cant tell you how much each part needs but

if you want to add an extra hardrive or cd drive or both then get 600W to be on safe side more if its in your price range but 600 should be fine

Yes, you need at least 600W. I would even say that if you will upgrade later get 700W.

well go 750 if u really want to be safe
thats a good number
plenty of power with room for upgrading

Here, go with 800W. It is nice and dividable by a lot of numbers. You will REALLY be safe then.

You can't think of it as what is the bare minimum I will need. If you think that way, get yourself a 400W powersupply. But that powersupply won't last very long being brought to its knees everytime you boot up your computer. You want more, you don't want less. I would say nothing short of 650.

God guys, keep it serious here. I'm running a similar Rig with 600watts and it suits everything just fine. It should even take that GTX instead of the GTS and still have room to play with.

EDIT: Since I got negative rep for this comment, I would like to state that what I said was a joke. If you do not like this joke or are offended by it, I apologize. However, I do not feel like I deserved it.

You should definitely at least have 1,200W. Even then, it still might be too low.

No but seriously, I would say 600-650 is good.

Back
Top Bottom