Unplug my fan?

toole13

In Runtime
My custom computer has three fans: one on the processor, one that is mounted on the see-through side, and one in the back, which is an 80mm. The 80mm is VERY loud and so for the first time about 25 mins ago I unplugged it. Is that okay to do, or will it hurt my computer in any way. I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary yet.

Since it was a case fan it won't really do any harm. Really the only difference is now the other two fans have to do more work. If possible go and get a silent 80mm fan to replace it.

That or get some watercooling which is ghetto. However, if I was you I wouldn't unplug it, as a processor cannot become too cold... overheating on the other hand is very possible.

Theres probably dust in it. Do you keep it on the floor? I don't think that it'll hurt your computer if your just using it to do basic tasks, for example: music, internet, word doc. etc. If you play games, video editing etc. should keep it on.

dust wouldnt make it loud... it could, but usually wont

ya, just get a zalman or a fan that has a speed controller, that'll fix ya up! :p or do what i do, i run my fans on 5v, but i have good ones that blow a ton of air either on 5 or 12v, your choice

you could get a fan controller to control the speed(which affects noise) of the fans so you can quiet them when your just idling and when you game or do encoding you can turn them up a little

It shouldn't affect it. If it's that loud, you can get another one. It really shouldn't affect it.

Back
Top Bottom