Looking for a new graphics card, help me please!

NashTax

Solid State Member
Hello.

Before I start this thread, I'm going to say I know basic things about computers but when coming to hardware I'm a no no.

I'm looking to buy a new graphics card, I know I need one because I'm starting to get graphics lag and some Windows Vista programmes won't work due to my graphics card problem.

Right now, I have an ATI Radeon 9250.

I want the best possible graphics card out there to fit my computer (I'm not going to upgrade the mother board or anything like that, but if needs be I may have to.

I know you'll need a lot more information regarding this so please tell me what you need and I'll go and find out for you.

Thanks alot!

Well, how much are you wiling to spend?

What are your other system specs?

Nvidia 8800 series is probably going to be best for you with Vista to take full advantage of all it's software (Directx 10).

Before anyone can start advising you on GPUs, we need to know wether you running a motherboard that is either AGP or PCI-E compatible, to find this out if you don't already know download CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php and give us your CHIPSET details, that way we can find out which GPU will be best for you.

Many thanks

Thank you for your replies, just looked on that website but could not find a download link.

ok u got agp
the best bang for your buck would probly be the ati x1600 agp
half a g of ram on it
its a sick card
not dirxt x ten
but thats the best u can do short of building a new system

that is one hell of a lot of money IMO but i dont think he said he wants to upgrade his motherboard and i dont know if it is AGP because that card he has is PCI the regular kind.

Hello.

I want the best possible graphics card out there to fit my computer (I'm not going to upgrade the mother board or anything like that, but if needs be I may have to.

Thanks alot!

He said that he could if he had to.

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies. I mainly want the new graphics card to play SL (Second Life), ATI work OK on SL but nVidia cards are so much better.

Could you please give me links to all good nVidia graphics cards please? I'm also going to get another 1GB of ram.

Back
Top Bottom