AMD socket

Always been an amd fan when it comes to desktops =)

my laptop is another story..

dude intel kicks ass right now
ive never seen amd so bad.......
its kinda sad how slow they r to get to market i mean
they were giviing a good fight till core2duo showed up

I would never get an AMD desktop, i myself have 2 computers one witha q6600 and another with a e6600. But AMD is very good for low budget. For 100 bucks their dual cores are slightly better. On the other hand, the ALLendale core2dup @1.8ghz which goes for 110, OC's to 3+ghz, easily beating AMD

Lol Allendale...

Anyways, what OCs better the q6600 or the e6600. I have heard that the q6600 gets really hot, and if you want to overclock you should stick with the e6600.

Well.. The motherboard my q6600 was a small form factor asus and did not have as much oc options. Although, with stock heatsink fan, i oced the q6600 to 2.83 ghz(thats all it would let me without getting an error) ran benchmarks to make sure it was actually faster, and it was. Idle speeds were about 30-35c, i didnt get a chance to measure load. The e6600 i easily got to 3.12ghz on my asus p5w dh deluxe with similiar temps to the q6600. e6600 beat core2xtreme in benchmarks but the q6600 beat the e6600 at everything, even @ lower clock speed. In cpu mark the scores were about equal. In basic arithmatic the core 2 quad score was about double.

Well, this is what I am thinking. Getting the q6600 is quite pointless if you already have the e6600. But that price cut looks awfully nice. I might just build a new rig just for that q6600.

DO IT!! Boot speed is reduced IMO. And even if u dont need 4 cores yet, u will be set for a while. And who cares, get it for the same reason anyone would get a Hummer, u could plow all the cars on the road and drive off road.. but u never do. Yea there only 500 bucks now, just cut some stuff down and its really not that much more, when i got the e6600 it was like 300 or more i think. QUAD CORE. I must of got the magical silicon piece because mine is running extremely cool, especially for being in this micro atx small ass case. they arent false readings, the heatsink is cool the touch.

Back
Top Bottom