Any good?

dont want to make a new thread.. but i have another question.

Will getting a 60gb 7200RPM harddrive for my laptop faster then a 100gb 7200 RPM? will the fact that there is less serfuce area in teh smaller hard drive make it faster? just a thought lol im trying to get the most out of the speed. i can care less about space i only use about 10gb at most..

Hook me up with the model number of that lappy. You should know that it is incredibly hard to update HDD stuff on a lappy.

Yeah go with the 80 GB one. Also, that ram is really good for your laptop, I just checked.

The difference in speed will be nonexistent basically. Especially the difference of 20 gb. As long as their both sata, 7k, same cache, it could probably (stretch) be those new 1tb hd on newegg(if it was for a laptop) and you would get similiar speeds. You may get lucky tho, i honestly dont know if toshiba gives you a good hardrive to start with. If your looking for more speed i reccomend updating your processor to atleast a merom c2d @ same clock speed or higher if you would so choose. Save your money on the ram(unless you only have like 512) and hardrive (unless its only 5k, but u mentioned it was 7k) and buy the 600 dollar 2.33ghz core 2 duo merom. w00t.

i cant upgrade a cpu in a lappy.. and my current HD is a 5400 and current ram is 990 becuase of shared with video card.. so its bothering.. WoW may not take up a lot of video memory but it sure as hell uses alot of ram =(

Why cant You upgrade your cpu? it is possible in laptops, sorry about the hardrive thing, u said 7200 in ur one post, 7200 would most definately be faster, regardless of the speed. You may not see a huge performance boost tho. which integrated gfx is it? gma 950 or x3000? Both are not that good, instead of upgrading all this stuff i would save up for a newer laptop with a real...fake laptop gfx card, a core 2 duo, and 1gb of ram should be fine, but a 1gb upgrade is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom