possible graphics card error?

Solid State Member
i am using the asus m2npv-mx mobo with the intergrated geforce 6150 graphics. it happens rarely (about 2 times a month), but sometimes to best describe it, my computer display pauses for a second, then "corrupts" and shows a bunch of white and black lines (ill try and take a photo of my screen next time it happens) and i have to restart the pc. numlock etc keys still work, but i have never being using a program which creates sound at the time so i cant tell if it fully crashes of that. after i restart it works again just fine (as in press the reset button on the computer and the logo comes up). soon i will be upgrading to a pci-express graphics card, i am hoping that will fix it but i am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Sounds like artifacts, these are usually caused by overclocking (not likely in your case) or heat, what are your temperatures like? Case airflow good??

i have the newest drivers, not overclocking, 1 exaust fan. motherboard temp is 34 degrees c.

hmmm , what are your fsull system specs and what size is your power supply

ye sounds like artifacts. Chances are its overheating if you're not overclocking. What is your graphics card temprature?

well i would say it was to do with GPU because if your graphics freeze it is probably crashing your pc which means your keyboard wont work, forcing u to restart.

i have 1 exhaust fan, system is basically asus m2npv-mx mobo with 1gb ram athlon 64 x2 4200+, 74gb ide hd nothing special on at all... using inbuilt lan/graphics/sound. 450w no named power supply. im getting a new graphics card and power supply soon (the inbuilt graphics and no named power supply were only a temporary solution), when i get it ill probably buy an extra fan, the problem isnt common enough for it to affect me much, so itll be fine for now- i tried to underclock the gpu because at the moment there is no games on this computer, and 450 or so mhz instead of 475mhz would be fine for web browsing etc - but it gave me an error, i think the gpu is locked by asus or something because even when i put it down ONE mhz it gave the same error. i dont think the case i have now is exactly the best either - but i dont have enough money to get a new graphics card, case AND power supply so my only choice is to improve airflow in this one :\ the exhaust fan is at the back and is 80mm (no choice) - the front fan place is infront of the hard drive bay and is a choice between 120 and 80mm (no fan there at the moment). the fan at the back is 32cfm, would a 38.4 cfm 1200rpm 120mm fan at the front help the airflow significantly? the power supply airflow might increase or decrease, i dont know, but the current power supply has 1 80mm fan on the back, the new one will have a 135mm one on the base. im using the AMD stock fan on the cpu, but i doubt makes a difference to this lol.

Back
Top Bottom