I love our justice system.

I think it's fair. Let's say 10% of the e-mails he sent were to business e-mail addresses and he'd been doing this for a year. That's being conservative, but let's go with it.

That's a million e-mails daily.
X 365 days in a year
= 365,000,000 e-mails to corporate e-mail addresses yearly.

Let's say on average 1 second is spent on each e-mail to make the math easy. That's 365,000,000 seconds. That's 101,389 hours of work spent on this one guy's junk e-mails. At minimum wage, that's well over half a million dollars wasted. At $15/hour, about how much an average worker makes, that's over $1.5 million that this guy wasted. Not to mention the people's time that was wasted for the other 90% of people.

Therefore, he definitely deserves it.

Not really accurate. I mean, you really don't lose time out of your schedule in the one second that it takes to delete an email. It is like saying raising taxes by one cent would cost everyone a lot of money, but one cent is nothing.

TBH, over here in England, there was this one man an imagrint I guess, he didnt have no licence no nothing, got into a car and drove. The police stoped him, he said me no speak English so the police let him off. THEN he was drunk driving, got caught a few times, got a little slap on the wrist for it. Then he was drunk driving AGAIN and finaly knocked someone over and killed them and he got 18 months for it. Then an english man was caught drunk driving, I dont think he killed anyone and it was his first offence and he got 5 years.

Fair????

In a similar vein, a guy in England is suing a Chinese dry cleaning firm for tens of thousands of pounds, he is a high court judge who says that they state that they guarantee their work, which is in effect a binding contract between themseves & customers. He added that all the cleaning they've done for him over the years hasn't always been up to standard, he says that the large sum he is claiming covers all the incidences where he considered the service was sub-standard.

Not really accurate. I mean, you really don't lose time out of your schedule in the one second that it takes to delete an email. It is like saying raising taxes by one cent would cost everyone a lot of money, but one cent is nothing.
Except it is accurate...
My dad basically the CEO of his company. He receives anywhere from 200-1000 e-mails daily. 3/4 of those are spam, but he has to sort through them to get to the important ones because if he misses even one important e-mail, he could mess up the entire deal with a client.

So I know for a fact that he spends 30 minutes to an hour a day sorting through his e-mails - I've watched him do it. There are hundreds of people in a position very similar to his.

10 million emails a day? Jesus. Furby would be proud.
hahaha good stuff. have a +1 ;)

its a pretty stupid case though. i get tons of spam email every day. sure its annoying. a year in prison maximum would be fair, as for the drunk driver he should get life

Cheers dude_se.

@Brookfield. I have been lurking here for a long time, I just started posting not too long ago. I have been growing my knowledge until now it is ready to be unleashed in full force...

Cheers dude_se.

@Brookfield. I have been lurking here for a long time, I just started posting not too long ago. I have been growing my knowledge until now it is ready to be unleashed in full force...
What do you mean?

Back
Top Bottom