Dual Boot XP And Vista

i know what your problem is as I have had it myself. If you can successfully install the trial version of partition magic you should be fine.

well yeah i have tried the Gparted live cd and i have also tried ubuntu live which has gparted on it

what partition magic trial are you on bout ??

i have partition magic 8 but it dont work on vista ?

partition magic works fine on vista. although once i had xp on my machine and put vista on and i couldnt resize the xp partition from within vista, well not even in xp. i was pretty screwed. i dunno why. apart from that partition magic works fine in vista

umm ill give it another try at installing it but when i tired the other day it says it has known compatibilty issues with vista ??

and last time i contiunued an install with my symantec anti virus that had known compatibilty issues i got a BSOD and a contiunous reboot loop after bios screen

yeah it said that to me but still works. just like nero said it had known issues with xp, what bs, it works perfect, and it works on vista

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!! resized it to 50GB i think im using like 40Gb and it rebooted and started got to like 2% and said

error 983 too many errors

and then there was an error 1123 or something like that it was a 4 digit error ?

this is really really annoying me

BTW as you may have gathered partition magic did install so thanks for that dude i had to ignore the check for solution and click run program bout 5 times but yh it runs thanks

i just clicked run and ignored the error and it worked lol. try running a chkdisk. maybe your disc does have errors :p

right just tried it again and didnt get error 983 got the 4 digit error something liek error 1243 or smethign ??

nope raffaz cant shrink it that way it says available size to shrink 0MB i have tried doint it through diskpart and then list disk list volume and shrink and it shrunk 47MB woo hoo

whats up with this is there a lock on my hardrive somehow ??

if it comes to it i think ill reformat but i really didnt want to do that
What version of vista are you running? If its enterprise or ultimate then its possible that you have bitlocker encryption turned on, that would probably stop you altering sizes.

Back
Top Bottom