Boot Up Problems

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi, ( prepare for a long thread) sorry

anm aunty of mine heard i had a bit of knoledge of computers so she told me to have a look at her computer

and im stumped i think it might be the graphics but tell me what you think

i go to her house and turn the computer on i hear fans and everything power up but no picture on the screen so im like umm graphics or motherboard ....

she tells me she took it to a computer shop to get it repaired who had it for 2 days they got it to boot up and removed some viruses thats £50 or $100

when she picks it up the computer shop insists she tests it before she goes away so she does and it doesnt turn on again and the repair man say if you keep pressing CTRL ALT DELETE or the reset button it will come on.

what a bastard he had the computer 2 days charged her £50 and didnt really fix n e thing

so this is my problem sometimes the computer comes on sometimes it doesnt and when it does it performs chkdsk and finds some problems so i boot into windows run anti virus spyware adware etc and disk defrag and while im there i tried chkdsk /f and it says it cannot do it

so what shall i do i was thinking the because it came up with the error in chkdsk it could be the hardrive but sometimes i dont even get a bios screen so ....

again what u think (graphics, motherboard ???) another strange thing is that when it does boot up it doesnt recognise her USB mouse until about 10 mins when your on the computer it pops up and installs it ?? the mouse works fine on my laptop and my PS/2 mouse works fine on her pc ?

I think the Motherboard is playing up. Are all your connections secure?

If it works with picture than it cant be the graphics card.

yeah all the connections are secure

i hope its not the motherboard she only got a new 1 like 10 months ago

also while the pc is on (when i get it on eventually) the screen flicks black for like half a second then goes back to normal.

im really thinking its onboard graphics but i dont want to buy a new 1 to test it and coz its an oldish board it only has AGP and my card is PCI E

Well if your scren flickers alot and if you leave your sound on and you hear window boot up and you cant see anything but your screen is on then it's most likely a graphics issue then.

Well if your scren flickers alot and if you leave your sound on and you hear window boot up and you cant see anything but your screen is on then it's most likely a graphics issue then.

ah now that is a good idea i will def check that

coz it doesnt have a password on the account so it should go straight through to windows....

great idea

i think im gonna reinstall windows anyway coz it got so much crap on there its very very slow so instead of reformatting that drive im gonna put my old 10GB drive in there as she wants to keep all her documents and i think the drive could do with a format but if i just have it for storage it shouldnt effect the speed of the computer should it ??

Back
Top Bottom