What should I overclock to? Help Plz!!

wee493

In Runtime
I am wanting to overclock my Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 at stock 1.80GHZ And I don't know what i should overclock 2, I have heard that it is an amazing overclocker and some people have reached 3.+ . Another Question What is the name of the thing i have to raise and the name of the thing i have 2 lower

Please Don't Give me the link to the over clocking guide! :) :) :)

Generally, there is no "What should I raise to" because every processor and motherboard behave different when it comes to overclocking.

Now as for what to raise, start with the Vcore and NB voltages. Not too much as you don't want to overheat anything, or fry anything. Also bump up your FSB. Do this in small steps. When I did my OC, I did it in steps of 20.

Don't really know what to lower, but someone else can help you better than I just did. Ownage is pretty good at this kind of thing. If he Doesn't post here, PM him. He usually is happy to help out.

if there is anything to lower it would be your ram speed. to lower this change the FSB:DRAM ratio in your bios. 2:3 works good for the C2D lets you unlock its potential. on amd cpu's you would also have to lower the HT but intel there is no such thing to do

First off...try stock volts...except RAM. RAM tends to like somewhere between 2.0-2.1V. And now relax the timings to 5-5-5-15. And keep it that way for now.

Next keep raising the FSB of the cpu in increments of 10mhz. Once it can't boot bump up the voltage. Rinse and repeat. But stop when you reach about 1.45V on the cpu. And i would say 1.5V on the NB, but don't quote me on that. I've never worked with the 570 chipset.

Back
Top Bottom