no sound w my new mobo?

IceForever

Baseband Member
So i got a new mobo for my PCIe video card..and when i got done installing all the drivers etc. my sound isn't working and i have no clue why. I know the onboard sound works bc this mobo was just in another comp and it was working then. I dl'd the drivers straight off the manufacturer's website and everything is showing up fine in device manager. Any ideas?

Oh, i forgot to mention. I can transmit voice over ventrilo..so i know my onboard is working..i just dont know why i cant hear anything back...all the vent settings are fine and so are my volume control settings..its really wierd

Check the sound properties and make sure nothing is muted and all sliders are at or near the top. Make sure your speakers are turned on and plugged into the correct port.

Check the sound properties and make sure nothing is muted and all sliders are at or near the top. Make sure your speakers are turned on and plugged into the correct port.

already done man, and i just realized i double posted. lol srry

On the plus side..everything else is working fine again..guess it was video card problems after all:p got this new mobo with PCI express and used a new card and im good to go, other than the no sound issue-.-

Opps, Merged the two posts before I realised you corrected part of it in #3. Either way, all the info you gave us is now out there.

I would try new/updated sound drivers. If new drivers are not avalible, try just reinstalling your drivers.

did both. with the most recent driver updates from manufacturer..still no luck..idk what's going on here

Ok, this will sound dumb, but I need to ask:

Are the speakers plugged into the correct port? Are they connected to power? Are they turned on/loud enough?

Sorry dumb questions, but I have learned to ask them

lol yah they are in the right slot, and they dont have a volume control on them(they are headphones)

everything in volume control is up and not muted

I just can't catch a break this week with my comp..i just wanna play my damn game in peace! lol

OK, just to clarify and make sure, your headphones are plugged into the green sound port?

Have you tried plugging your headphones into another device, like an MP3 player to make sure they are working?

Is your hearing OK? Can you hear other sounds?

Now, are you sure that there is an onboard sound card? You might have to get a separate one.

lol is your hearing ok? haha sorry thelis, that just made me laugh

give some other speakers a try if you can mate

Back
Top Bottom