Speed Test

Well, it IS getting better. Maybe you should run it a couple hundred more times...

Torrenting sucks up bandwidth like no other, doesn't matter how fast you're downloading/uploading.

Besides that, I'd call Verizon. I had a problem with speeds and random disconnections once with my cable internet, and it turned out to be that the signal strength was very low. Turned out there was a bad cable somewhere in the area.

(By the way, for the future, you'll get much better torrent speeds if you upload some. It's just how torrenting works, you've gotta give to get)

Torrenting sucks up bandwidth like no other, doesn't matter how fast you're downloading/uploading.

Besides that, I'd call Verizon. I had a problem with speeds and random disconnections once with my cable internet, and it turned out to be that the signal strength was very low. Turned out there was a bad cable somewhere in the area.

(By the way, for the future, you'll get much better torrent speeds if you upload some. It's just how torrenting works, you've gotta give to get)

You know what, I should call them. I just had a problem with my internet last monday, where it was out the whole weekend, I called them, and they fixed it. I guess thats when it started to seem slower.

u said it was connected 2 a wireless router? could someone b stealing ur internet????
No, dude, I have my ethernet cable running through the wireless router. Which means my desktop's not wireless. But no one is using my connection, it's password protected. All I have is the laptop on wireless and my desktop through ethernet.

Anyway, I think this one is verizon's fuck-up again, I will be calling, and probably cancelling my service. I've had problems for the last two weeks, and the speed of my connection was never really that good anyway. I sometimes get kicked from game servers when i have the PSP, Laptop, and sisters computer connected to the wireless network at the same time. It pisses me off. I would love to go with fios, but of course, knowing how bullshit verizon is, they dont even have fios available in my area. Maybe a personal call to them pleading for them to have it available, and threatening to cancel my service would work? Hehe. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom