Did my soundcard die? PLEASE help!

I agree with him wholeheartedly. Juiceranch pwns. He knows a lot about computers and seeing as how he has had this situation before, I would totally do what he is telling you to. Not only that, but his solution is harmless. You cannot harm your computer by changing around some sound settings.

We represent New York, cant touch this shit. WE ARE THE COMP GENIUSES thats why we help you.

We represent New York, cant touch this shit. WE ARE THE COMP GENIUSES thats why we help you.

Thanks... I know this next question is probably a REALLY bad one, but...

I currently don't have my soundblaster in my computer because I feel like that was what was causing the problems before. Anywho, when I go to sounds/audio devices, it says I have no audio device. When I look under device manager, it doesn't list any of my sound blaster drivers. Does that mean I should plug the card back in then hit up their web site or something? I'm pretty sure the drivers will be there... not sure where my disks are because I moved recently. I'm a newb. Haha. I built this computer and I still don't know much about them. :rolleyes:

Thanks... I know this next question is probably a REALLY bad one, but...

I currently don't have my soundblaster in my computer because I feel like that was what was causing the problems before. Anywho, when I go to sounds/audio devices, it says I have no audio device. When I look under device manager, it doesn't list any of my sound blaster drivers. Does that mean I should plug the card back in then hit up their web site or something? I'm pretty sure the drivers will be there... not sure where my disks are because I moved recently. I'm a newb. Haha. I built this computer and I still don't know much about them. :rolleyes:

It should automatically un-install the drivers after you take out the card.. One question, why did you buy a soundcard if you had onboard already? Beats me, but yes, plug in the card, boot up the computer, and if XP doesnt automatically install the drivers, then you can find them buried somewhere in creative's webpage. If it still doesn't work upon installation of the drivers, then make sure you have the card set to default, as the computer will get confused between the sound card, onboard sound, and front-bezel headphone and mic jacks. Assuming you plugged in those things when you built the computer.

It should automatically un-install the drivers after you take out the card.. One question, why did you buy a soundcard if you had onboard already? Beats me, but yes, plug in the card, boot up the computer, and if XP doesnt automatically install the drivers, then you can find them buried somewhere in creative's webpage. If it still doesn't work upon installation of the drivers, then make sure you have the card set to default, as the computer will get confused between the sound card, onboard sound, and front-bezel headphone and mic jacks. Assuming you plugged in those things when you built the computer.

Alright... here goes nothing. Haha. Thanks again. I'll let you know how this works out.

Back
Top Bottom