Keyboard doing strange things!

jay8990

Daemon Poster
Hi! Its been a long time!
Anyway...
Was helping fix a friends comp earlier! Using msn's remote assistance thingy! Anyway when came off it her keyboard is doing funny things! When presses p it comes up 4! a t gives 6! All i done was acess control panel! Whats gone wrong!?
Many thanks in advance! please help!

Don't know if its this or not but try going into control panel, regional and languages , then see if your keyboard is set to your region as if it is set to a different one you keys Will be different e.g I'm from the UK but if my keyboard is set to united states then when i press certain keys they are the wrong symbols when on the screen.

Try system restore in START MENU, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS restore your computer to an earlier date.

Um I don't know if this can be the case, but on my laptop whenever I turn num lock on, it gives me numbers instead of letters, since I do not have one of those num pads.

Or not.

What was the computer's original problem? What are you trying to fix?

Oh really juice... not for my laptop. You can check it out:
Sony VAIO SZ-480.

Of course you wouldn't know anything about laptops newer than 15 years.

thelis, my laptop, which was manufactured in may of 2006 has a function lock. i doubt that "older" laptops, such as 15 year old laptops, would even have a function key, let alone function lock.

go into the bios of the computer, and find the setting that specifys having num lock on upon system boot. it should be set to disable.

Juiceranch9,

Here is a 15 year old computer:
calcgc9.jpg

You can clearly see a function lock.

I win.

Back
Top Bottom