Vista Problem

Pidge14

In Runtime
I got my vista today. but when i put it in i got a BSOD saying MACHINE_CHECK_EXPECTION. I googled it and people say thats because HDDS thatare set in IDE aren't recognized, and they say to change it to RAID and load motherboard drivers so vista will recognize the HDD. Well i did all of it. Except at the drivers it can't find any even though i have it on my flash drive. Has anyone dealt with this problem and figured what to do to fix it? I would really like to get my Vista running.

I did not have that problem, that is weird i don't know of anybody who has had that problem

hmm first off its impossible to put a single hard drive in RAID and secondly you cant put IDE in RAID save a few expections.

i dont know how to fix the problem but "putting" your hard drive in RAID wont help

YAY! Got it fixed. And i hope this is helpful information for Vista buyers who are having installation problems.

For some reason SATA with my gigabyte motherboard (and known to have the same problem on non-gigabyte motherboards) wasn't able to install Vista on it. Due to driver problems i do believe.

You know the simple way to fix it?

Hooking up an IDE hard drive. Worked for me. Even though i have half the drive space. I'm trying to find if i can set up the SATA drive as a slave drive. Hope this can be helpful for others.

And thanks for others trying to figure it out also.

You probably need to install the sata drivers during the setup process. You press F6 during installation on XP, not totally sure for vista tho.:)
EDIT
Just checked and vista will detect the drivers automatically, just insert floppy with drivers and vista will do the rest.

Well i was doing that with a flash drive. If i clicked on the right one it would "see" that it was there but then fail to load. And when i would let vista check all possible areas for drivers it couldn't find any. I even took the SATA driver from the motherboard CD and i even downloaded, i think, an update version from my motherboards site. Still didn't work. So i figured something else was wrong and for some reason it installed on an IDE hard drive which doesn't bother me really unless i can't set up my SATA drive as a slave. So far its all good. And i'm loving it.

It installed on IDE because no drivers are required. It could be down to having the drivers on a flash drive. Have you got a floppy drive? Did you unzip the drivers etc?

Yes i unzipped the files. I don't have a floppy drive, pretty much obsolete to me. But i don't really care. As long as its running and i get my SATA set up as a slave i'm fine. Better running on IDE then not running at all.

Just one more option for ya here. You could make a slipstreamed disc with the SATA drivers added, but if your happy with the way it is then that doesnt matter.:)

Back
Top Bottom