Motherboard mounting question

mtotho

In Runtime
imagine an motherboard snugly fitting in an xbox 1 case. How should i mount it inside the case? I was thinking putting velcro in the case and on the bottom of the motherboard to hold it down. It doesnt need to be really strong, just so it wont move around. Would using velcro or possibly mounting tape damage anything: would it overheat, cause problems, etc..? Thanks

dont know how to mount it, velcro or tape could be a possible fire hazard.

Well, screws will be hard to do since i would have to make custom holes and what not, anyone else know if this will damage it? i would have adequete cooling.

this is what one of my friends did, he got a micro ATX motherboard, took the metal out from the case (that real thin crap) and then set the motherboard in the case, lined up the motherboard where he wanted it, next he marked through the holes on the motherboard (you dont need everyone, just outside holes will do) and then he took a drill (without the mobo in) and drilled holes through the bottom of the xbox case where he marked the holes with the mobo in, next he went to the hardware store got some small bolts that would fit through the motherboard and would be long enough to go through the bottom of the xbox and got some nuts, then just put the bolts through the holes and put the nuts through on the bottom of the xbox, and now you have a mounted motherboard :p

^^That's the way I'd do it, that way it's secure, and you don't need to worry about the velcro messing anything up.

yeah, pick up some mobo stand-offs that screw in. then drill the holes in the right places, screw the standoffs in, tighten them, and there ya go.

Back
Top Bottom