Computer Won't Boot.. Please Help !!!!

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi guys, my freind gave me there computer to fix, there computer just died... and they took it to a computer place and they said it was the power supply... so we got a new power supply... then that didn't fix it so we got a enw motherboard..then that didn't fix it so we got a new stick of ram....

it still won't show video on the screen..... the motherboard is a mercury kvm800m and i put ddr 400 184 pin memory i believe in it (2 x 512mb).... i'm trying to use onbaord video as well.... i was told just to try the basics when hooking it up so all i got plugged in is the power sw plug and the power supply..... any help greatly appreciated, thxs alot, shawn

what happens when you turn it on? it just doesnt turn on the screen? does the HD spin?

try taking it apart, put the mobo, psu, cpu, and ram on a table. plug in the psu and the monitor. if nothing posts, spins or beeps, i beleive it would be a cpu problem. what is the cpu?

also, (sorrry for so many posts) if you change the mobo, you will need to reinstall your OS as the os will not boot with a different mobo.

or try turning the comp on without any RAM in the slot if it beeps than the motherboard & CPU is working fine

thxs for all replies.... i didn't connect the hard drvie yet.... i will try taking it out of the case later when i get home.... the cpu i believe is a amd semprom is i rmeber correctly....

Back
Top Bottom