computer screwed again?!?!

I think hes wrong to do the repair you have to have the same OS if you use the XP PRO disc then you will have to do a full format and wipe your drive loosing all your files, try booting into safe mode and selecting LAST KNOWN CONFIGURATION.

try that first buy by the sounds of it it looks like the kernel or another system file isnt initializing correctly

just put in the disk and when it says press any key to boot from cd....

press a key and wait for the files to install. then click install windows it should come up with something along the lines of a windows partition is already installed would you wish to repair this say yes and it should be easy from there

try that first buy by the sounds of it it looks like the kernel or another system file isnt initializing correctly

just put in the disk and when it says press any key to boot from cd....

press a key and wait for the files to install. then click install windows it should come up with something along the lines of a windows partition is already installed would you wish to repair this say yes and it should be easy from there

Are you doing a full format with the XP PRO then, or are you attempting a repair of XP Home with XP PRO CD? If that works I will be surprised but handy to know.

I had the same problem u are having, But I set it up with a different XP disk and Dual booted Vista

do u have any important data? if u dont just re-enstall windows. if u do have any important data try dual booting with another operating system like vista or sumthin

Back
Top Bottom