Installing slave HD

jo5h

Daemon Poster
Here is a pic of how my current HD is set up

now the red cable is SATA cables correct? So then its a SATA HD.

However the HD I want to install does not have those connections, i also have the jumpers set too Slave

looks like this

Hard_Drive_Connections.jpg

which i know would have to use a IDE cable but where on my mother board would i connect it ?

Heres the pics of the mobo

Yes i know its alittle dusty :(

Would it be the top right IDE connection? the only one that is available?

Loks to me it would go into the blue IDE connector on the motherboard. But is that one being used by a DVD or CDROM?

Is that black connector next to the main power connector an IDE or a floppy connection? If it's IDE and the blue IDE is being used, connect the drive to that one and jumper it as master.

The blue on is being used by my DVD/ CD-ROO drive and the other IDE connector would be used for floppy

just get another IDE cable that has two connectors on it, and ditch the floppy drive.

like this....
590a577d-e239-4074-a49e-f69b8c1b1a7b.gif

then one goes in the hd, the other in the cd drive.

Well then, you can connect the hard drive to the secondary connector on the cable that goes to the DVD/CDROM and leave it jumpered as slave.

got it everything is done and installed, second HD appears in My computer as Local Disc (I:), thanks for the help

My CR-ROM drive had IDE cable that has two connectors on it, so i plugged the other one into my HD then just ran another psu cable, but the way the hd is in there may cause a problem. it is not sitting in flat its more like \ (not as steep though) How big of a concern is this?

Back
Top Bottom