Need some help please:)

Yah they are the same speed, both 533 MHz PC24200. They came together with the mobo i bought.

i kinda figured that's what was going on, but i was iffy about it because sometimes i can be on this comp for hours without a problem and then other times i have issues with restarts every time i start to do something, and i also found it kinda odd that they would both crap out on me at the same time. Just to be %100 sure ima go pull my brothers RAM outta his comp and try it on mine, since i know his is working. He just went out of town so i can actually do that now:p

EDIT: Alright never mind, i didn't realize how old is comp is>.<. His RAM won't fit in my comp. So you don't find it odd that both would go bad at the exact same time?
The night this started i had booted my comp up fine at a friends house, with his USB mouse and keyboard in. Then i decided i wanted to use my PS2 mouse and keyboard(woot, i prefer them tbh lol, im used to them>.<) so i plugged them in and when my comp came back up it just kept restarting itself. That's when i got the corrupt file on my HD error, so i got that fixed, and then this started. I dont know, just seems wierd that all of that happened and BOTH sticks of ram would go bad at the same time. Is there anything else that could be going on? Like something with my motherboard or HD?

I's not unusual for memory to go bad like that. You can get bad ram right out of the box. Another thing I thought of was bad ram on the video card, but you are getting errors in Memtest. Was this mobo/ram you bought new or used?

both were new. I guess ill just send off to get both replaced and pray that that is the problem>.< lol

Back
Top Bottom