:(

yep it is a pretty nice place...haha awful rural though lol

chickens really aren't expensive...it kinda depends on the breed mostly, but for some of the ones i had if you buy them as little day old chicks from catalogs they are maybe $2.50 $3.00 a piece...but thats or females, you can buy them "straight run" which is you may order 20 chickens for 1.20 a piece and you don't know the gender, you could have 19 females and one male or any other combo. those are cheaper to buy but you usually get alot of males...which nobody wants unless they plan on trying to hatch chicks. that and it takes a long time to get them mature, about 6 months for the hens to start laying. but to buy a full grown laying hen they are about $11-$12 a piece. i only had maybe 8 to 10 chickens...that was about all i could handle! when you get between 4-6 eggs a day they pile up awful fast lol
Oh wow, that's much cheaper than I would have expected...

I have always been used to large city's and life in the fast lane , but I can conclude that running a farm can be alot of work though...Good luck on getting the chickens replemished.

aww thats sad :(

but wtf they mail you chickens from a catalog?

yep...they mail you them when they are a day old...lol

I have always been used to large city's and life in the fast lane , but I can conclude that running a farm can be alot of work though...Good luck on getting the chickens replemished.

thanks dude, it is alot of work but i really enjoy doing it...it's relaxing

yep...they mail you them when they are a day old...lol

thanks dude, it is alot of work but i really enjoy doing it...it's relaxing

That's cool, so do you own any horses ? on the East Coast alot people like riding their horses on the beach...along the shore line. It's really cool how the horses arn't bothered by the people.

That's cool, so do you own any horses ? on the East Coast alot people like riding their horses on the beach...along the shore line. It's really cool how the horses arn't bothered by the people.

We raise cattle mostly...we do have a horse though, really it's my grandma's horse. she got it from my aunt who raises horses for me and my brother. but now my aunt and her husband raise Paso Fino horses, they have about 8-10 i think and they do alot of trail rides and such. One thing about horses is that like you said the domesticated onces aren't afraid of people and let you rub on em and when they a baby they will let you touch it and "imprint" it (rub its head, ears just all over to get it used to humans rubbing on it). cattle...for about a week after they have a calf they will chase you if you come anywhere near their baby lol

Heres Santa Fe and her colt she had august 06
HPIM1006.jpg

HPIM0990.jpg

Back
Top Bottom