Strange Program error! I don't get it!

Kungfucow

Baseband Member
Well the error is that flippin' "sorry for the inconvenience, windows has experienced an error...blah blah blah" error. Problem is, it happens every time i open any type of Torrent program, scan Program shortcuts(using Regcure), and sometimes with adobe reader. I've tried Kaspersky, Norton, and AVG for viral scans;All negative. Also test RAM using a 5 hour diagnostic, and its all good there.
Weird thing is that this problem went away, when I bought another hard drive, and made my main one a slave. Might have something to do with reformatting I guess. However, in a month or so it came back!
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!:D
Setup:
intel 3.73 Extreme(Arctic Cooling Heat sink)
Asus P5WD2 Premium
2x512Mb Kingston Hyper-x Pc5400(not over clocked at the moment)
Ati Radeon X-850 XT Platnium(Atisilencer used)

Well first thing, i thought reformatting was installing windows. Second, I've reformatted/installed windows the original drive like 4 times to fight the problem. The new hard drive I only formated/installed windows it once.

Reformatting basically is reinstalling windows.

I would try a new IDE cable. I'm not sure if that would be the cause of the problem, but since they are pretty much dirt-cheap it is worth a shot.

Hmmm. The IDE cable is the ribbon thingy in the back of the hard drive right? (sorry i bad with vocabulary). Good idea though, I'll try that next. Also, does anyone know the comands for running a windows repair of the disk?(maybe that could straighten it out)

I'd probably try the IDE cable trick first. I was getting problems with my drives, and found there to be metal popping from the ribbon causing shorts.

Yes, the ribbon cable is called the IDE cable and vise-versa. As the recovery counsol commands, the ones that should interest you are "chkdsk /r" "fixboot" and "fixmbr". I would run them in that order, without the quotes.

Back
Top Bottom