dual desktops

i guess its a lost cause :( ill have to find some other use for these parts

Correct me if i'm wrong, but in a duel graphics card setup...don't they have to be identical cards in order to work together ?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but in a duel graphics card setup...don't they have to be identical cards in order to work together ?
No. I've used my onboard and a different dedicated card together before. It's probably not the most stable way to do things, but it is possible.

On my tri monitor setup I have an FX5200 AGP card with 2 monitors hooked to it (middle and right monitors), and a random Matrox PCI card for the other monitor (left side monitor). Plus as I already said, I did the PCI and onboard together before...

Just for the heck of it I tried opening Google Earth on all 3 monitors, it only showed up on 2 of them (the monitors hooked to the FX5200), so it isn't the most stable way to go, but I don't have another AGP slot and an extra FX5200 either...

Back
Top Bottom