webcam, what should I have expected

binarysoul

Beta member
Hey everyone.

I recently bought a webcam because 3 cars have been stolen from my apartment parking lot in the last month and well, I've been nervous.

So I picked out a Philips SPC 600 nc. It was cheap but claimed a 30fps framerate and decent resolution.

Now that I have it any movement is really blurry, like its not 30fps. I would be damned hard pressed to get someone's description unless the stood perfectly still for a while.

well you wont get a good picture with a 640x480 pixel resolution webcam. you are better off hooking up a real security camera

i have a logitech quickcam pro 5000 which isnt the best camera and the max i can get is 1.3mp, which works well. i usually have it on 640 x 480 and it works good. its flawless in msn and stuff and even recording videos. i think the fact its a cheap camera may be letting you down. mine was like £45 off amazon not sure how long ago though but its been good. im guessing you need to get the right lighting and stuff on these cheap cameras otherwise its blurry and doesnt work

Why bother with a web cam? if your that concerned with security outside you should buy a proper cctv camera.

Back
Top Bottom