Good enough for Video Card for gaming?

thelethalblow

Baseband Member
I building a lower end computer, on a decently tight budget. The other components should be fine, planning 2gb of ram and decent CPU. I will use this computer for gaming but I am not someone who needs the best graphics or highest settings on. I am wondering if getting a video card in the 70-90 dollar range will let me play today's games and future games for the next two years. After two years, I plan on replacing it with another card. A lot of people seem to say that games encountering frame rate trouble or other issues with higher powered cards. My current crap box, on integrated, did ok for the first two years. Of course integrated is generally poor and since I haven't been able to play a game in three years I'm a little out of loop on the rate of technology change for games. Basically I would like to be able to play all games, for the next two years, with somewhat decent graphics (maybe medium settings).

Here an example of a card I would consider:
ATI http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814153031
NVidia http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814122023

The 8500 is the way to go. That will help you with DX 10 games if that computer will be running vista.

the performance of the 8500 isnt great and directx10 isnt in its full use yet.

I would go with an intel, they are good and cheap. will support D X10 and are powerful. will work 4 at least next 2 or 3 years! (and are good with aero graphics) =)

I would go with an intel, they are good and cheap. will support D X10 and are powerful. will work 4 at least next 2 or 3 years! (and are good with aero graphics) =)
Intel doesn't even make video cards....

@aCb - But it will be in a year or two, which is what he wants it for.

Get the 8500GT for your price range. It'll play games from now until probably a year or two from now just fine.

Intel doesn't make Card yet, like previously stated. They are still in development.

Stick with the 8500. Best, semi-future proof card in your price range.

Back
Top Bottom