Problem with my computer-need help plz

marzi12

Solid State Member
Hi

When i turn on my computer it loads up i can see the desktop with start menu and desktop icons but after about 1 or 2 seconds that all disappears and the only way to use any programs is to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and they go New Task and select the task from its installation folder

My PC Specs are:

Nvidia 6600GT-Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH DDR3 128mb
Intel Pentium 4 Processor
1 GB Ram
Not sure what Motherboard
Seagate 120GB hard drive and a Seagate 80GB hard drive
500w PSU(i think)

I am not sure of some of these parts exactly because i cannot find the boxes and cannot get specs from my machine.

I don't know about a permanent fix, but could you try something? When all the icons disappear, crtl+alt+del and click File -> New Task. Then type in "explorer", enter, and see if that temporarily fixes the problem (until you reboot). If so, or if the icons flash on then back off, then something's messing with that process and we can narrow it down from there.

k will do im on a Laptop at the moment will go do the hijack this and the explorer thing

When i did the explorer in New Task they desktop start menu and icons came back for about 2-3 seconds then disappeared again.

And what do i do with hijack this(i did a scan and delted the three things that popped up but it also had an error and some drivers directory denied access.)

In HijackThis do the scan and save a logfile option. After the scan, a text file should pop up. Copy and paste that onto here.

Hey again this is my Hijack this logfile

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:54:26 PM, on 9/06/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\StartupMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
G:\HijackThis.exe

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe (file missing)

Thnx

Back
Top Bottom