dual desktops

dude_se

Proper Legend
dual monitors

well i couldnt be arsed to fix my really old pc so i took the video card out of it. i put it in my desktop hoping to get a dual boot. however i can only seem to get either the onboard (the gpu is built into the mobo) or the other card. they both wont work at the same time :(
wont onboard work for this? i remember trying it on my other pc ages ago and it worked but they were both separate cards, no onboard.
in the bios the only options i can see are: onboard, pci, and pci-e

:(

edit: thats meant to say monitors. damn im stupid tonight haha

It should work...I've done it before with a GeForce 6600 and my onboard.

Maybe the video card is just too old and isn't compatible with what you're trying to do, I don't really know...

that same video card worked on another pc fine. i just wanted to try it on my newer pc.

yes on my old pc it worked. even with this card.
its just on my newer desktop it doesnt want to work. im actually on it now. ill see if i can figure it out
edit:
4mtwxaw.jpg

i recon its to do with the bios. it only seems to allow one to be on at a time. is that why :( ?

I did dual monitors with an onboard and PCI once an it worked fine. I installed a PCI card (different card) into another PC and the only way to get the PCI card to work was to disable the onboard... Some mobos decide they will let you, and some won't, I guess...

i just thought it would be a cool thing to try. i dont really want to invest any money into this. obviously its getting detected but the bios isnt letting it start up

Back
Top Bottom