Vista Lite

ok im using vista lite and i start to notice that my cpu usage goes to like 30% when im just logging in. im thinking no way can this be right so i open up everest and i notice that my cpu clock is only 1300mhz and so i look at the FSB bus it says 283 like it is supposed to but my clock multiplier is only 5x when it should be 9.5x. i log into xp fire up everest and im running at my normal 2.7ghz.

ive heard of people saying Vista Lite dosent display there cpu clock right. i think its just not SETTING it right.

anyone know how to fix this?!

EDIT:

i can run super pi and get within a second of my 512k times when down more than a ghz?!?!

is my clock actually 2.5 and vista is telling it otherwise

IM CONFUSED!

I have Vlite too. It displays everything perfectly for me.
I think that it is fine, and your comp is just like it was normally, but since Vlite isn't exactly perfect software, the display is off.

works perfect for me :s hmmm. i havent heard of this happening in vlite before

Sorry 4 the dumb question, but is vista light the same as vista home basic

Sorry 4 the dumb question, but is vista light the same as vista home basic
no. vista lite has some things removed to speed it up. although to be fair home basic is so basic that they are similar :D

That's probably normal. I think what's happening is the CPU is lowering it's multiplier when it's not under load to save energy and to not be put under so much stress.

My E6600 does that at least.

[offtopic]I was thinking about Vista Lite but Vista Ultimate runs as fast as I need it to, for me at least.[/offtopic]

Back
Top Bottom