Headphone Jack

Miral

Beta member
Btw sorry if ive posted in the wrong forum.

Because of my headphones getting pulled/jerked out suddenly, the headphone jack has become very weak and now if i plug headphones into them i have to move it around quite a bit to pick up sound and make sure i dont touch it otherwise i will lose all sound.

I know i have to replace the jack but does anyone know what jack i have to buy and how i can fit it? i know i have to open up the pc an all that but is there anywhere i can find a guide or somthing?

cheers :D

Well, I think you will have to send it to repairs unless you want to buy a new sound card. From what I know, and that isn't a lot, that sort of problem is only fixable by a professional.

The headphones jack is connected to either your sound card, or by a wire from the front of your case. If it is the latter, then you just have to get another one of those cards, you know the one with the USB ports and all. If it is the former, then you will have to send it for repairs.

If you need to get a new portal, I personally like this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813998513

Yeah, but it's much cheaper than a new SOUND card lol. Plus it is easier to install than a new soundcard.

@Miral: Dude, can you tell us whether the jack was in front of the comp or in the back?

The jack is in the front of the pc so getting a new panel wont help

If i get a new headphone jack and reconnect the existing sound card or wires etc to that, will it be able to work?

Thanks for the help btw.

i do have another jack which is next to the one i use now but everytime i put my headphones into there i get sound out of one ear phone only. Does that mean a problem had always existed?

Yeah it should work fine.

You are welcome.

P.S. There is this one cool feature on these forums.. It starts with re..

Yeah, but it's much cheaper than a new SOUND card lol. Plus it is easier to install than a new soundcard.

@Miral: Dude, can you tell us whether the jack was in front of the comp or in the back?
hmm i suppose. although i would just buy a cheapo £5 sound card n pop it in the pci but thats me lol.

Back
Top Bottom