Whao... Full ram? Never saw this.

As someone said before, you must have something running, like a service, perhaps a crashed service, that is using up to 30% of your CPU, and all that mem. OK, I've 4GB of ram, but right now, my CPU usage is at 0-3 % and i'm using MSN Live messenger and IE 7 with just under 3GB of ram spare. Your tab also states is using loads of RAM for caching. This stops when an application needs it. But yeah, you definatelt need something looked at if it's thats high. On CPU usage too.

i have 1gb and when i had the full vista i often had about 10mb or less or ram with some stuff open. vista lite is better. i usually have 40mb free with a lot of stuff open. thats vista for ya

That was that for Beta2 for me. In RC2 I was consumming 500mb on a clean install w/ Aero. And usually about 750 with everythng I needed open. It felt like have 768mb on XP

For some reason, It tells me there that I have none free, which is obviously wrong. My gadgets tell me differently. Hmmmm....

As I said, your PC is using loads for caching, and is freed when needed, hence is not really allocated to any programs. That's why the gadget shows this as being usused.

Yeah just try switching the visual settings to something less intense and maybe switching to Windows Classic mode

Vista is odd like that, it utilises as much RAM as it can to keep things in a (self described) 'Secondary Cache' if you will. I have 3 PC's running Vista - The obsolete one with 512MB and the other 2GB RAM. Both machines will use the same amount of RAM as the pic above. The first thing I noticed about Vista x64 was the how quick Media was to load as well as RAM intensive programs like Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I suppose what I am trying to say is this...
Whatever Vista does with all those resources, it certainly is putting it to good use. Response time is much quicker so is gaming.

Back
Top Bottom