Computer Trouble - PLEASE HELP

Stonyman65

Baseband Member
Im having some trouble with my computer recently. sometimes when I try to boot insted of the computer going on the lights flicker and I hear a buzzing noise. also, the tempature gauge moves slowly like it's trying to boot but just can't... other times when I am able to boot normally everything is fine until i shut down - when I try to start up again nothing works until I flick the killswitch on the power supply off and on then everything might work okay.

I took it to my local techs and they said it could be the power supple (I have a BFG Tech 650W) or it could be my mother board (ASUS AN8 SLI Deluxe) but I think it is the power supply. Have the computer hooked up to a APC UPS backup. this all started after we had a pretty vbad storm when the power went off for an hour or so. the computer wasn't on at the time but it was still hooked up to the backup.

any input or help you can give is appreciated.

Rick

It might be some hard drives /RAM problem too. If you have 2 harddrives, it may arrive that one of them doesn't boot so the other one won't because of the jumper configurations.

no its not that, once I boot everything is fine. its not a hard drive or RAM problem, the computer won't even turn on - i shouldn't have said boot. i meant it wouldn't turn on when i try to turn it on.

first off there is no bumps on this forum ;)

all your components are getting power at the same time. so i think it is your PSU having a short in it. i think the best thing to do would be replace it before you break any other things from this problem

Sorry about the bump.

Thats what I though too, I have a service plan on it so I'm gonna take it out today and bring it back to where I bought it and get a new one....

I wonder how it happened, probobly a power spike.

Sorry about the bump.

Thats what I though too, I have a service plan on it so I'm gonna take it out today and bring it back to where I bought it and get a new one....

I wonder how it happened, probobly a power spike.

Hmmm does this sound familiar TURN ON, BUZZING NOISE LIKE A FAN CATCHING or SWITCH ON a BEEP from the HDD light comes on in the tower, but the screen does not come on, you have to press reset once or multiple times before it decides to boot properly?.
Had the exact problem turned out to be my CPU FAN changed it an never had it since (TOUCH WOOD) lol.

Back
Top Bottom