Sparkle 6200 overclocking

Vipul1

In Runtime
Hi, i currently have a Sparkle 6200AGP Ultra2 256MB DDR2 with a core clock of 350Mhz. I am not able to unlock any pipelines, it currently has all four unlocked. I am told that using Rivatuner v15.1/15.2 would allow you to unlock another 4 pipelines, a total of 8pipelines.

If i would like to overclock this card, what is a safe limit without the need for extreme cooling. I currently have a stock fan, and this card has a heatsink on it.

PS: If anyone has rivatuner v15.1/15.2 would you please let me know.

Thanks

Interesting, maybe you just got a bad core that won't let you unlock the pipelines. If you think about it this way, unlocked pipelines aren't guaranteed. They are just a bonus that you get. To overclock a video card, only raise the core or memory speed, you decide first. The raise it 10mhz each time. Use 3DMark to test for artifacts. I like using 3DMark01 and using the test called "Nature" to see artifacts on the turtle's shell and what not. The after you find the memory max, do the same for the core speed. Just monitor you temps and you should be good to go.

HINT: Get aftermarket cooling and bump up the voltages to achieve an even higher overclock ;)

Thanks,

I tried overclocking it with nTune, and found it was quite stable at the core speed of 420Mhz, the stock settings are 350Mhz. So i decided i will try overclocking again later. So i set them back to their stock settings, so is it possible to overclock more than once?

Thanks,

I tried overclocking it with nTune, and found it was quite stable at the core speed of 420Mhz, the stock settings are 350Mhz. So i decided i will try overclocking again later. So i set them back to their stock settings, so is it possible to overclock more than once?

Yes, but make sure you check the temps during gaming and such.

yeah just keep going as far as you can. And in the end I'd decrease the core and mem by 10-15mhz to make sure you aren't pushing the card too far. Then to make sure it's stable run a benchmark program for a few hours.

I have this old computer just of no use and it has a 6cm fan on it and i would like it to use as my exhaust fan, but i have no idead as how to set it up on the exhaust

Hey guys, just an update, I just mount a new fan in my case and the idle temperatures are 30-40 Degrees idle and about 50 while playing games, so do u think i would be able to get a good overclock with such temps?

My stock settings were 350/532 and i tried 380/523, running rthdribl and everything was fine except when i cross above 380, computer just freezes.

Back
Top Bottom