Power Supply Problem?

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey fellas,

I still have no idea what is wrong with my Dell Inspiron 6000. Whenever I press the power button (I have to like press with all my strength standing up), the power light goes on for 4-5 seconds, and then the whole computer just shuts off. The fans don't even start.

I checked my battery and it is fully charged, and I have two of them, the problem happens with both.

Any ideas?

could be the motherboard or processor. make shure the processor is seated correctly, sometimes there isn't enough thermal paste on it and it will over heat.

the cpu will not overheat just because you dont have enough thermal paste on it. my old cpu didnt have any thermal paste on it and it worked fine.

so it works with the ac power plugged in right?

Nope, it doesn't work with the ac power either. I tried every combination. Battery, AC+Battery, AC without battery, No battery (eh, it was worth a shot). It still does the same thing.

There could be a short somewhere in the line of power idk know how but somehow stuff happens

then the bridge between the ac and the battery is shot probably because when you JUST have the battery plugged in it first "goes to the ac power" to see if its there and obviously it isnt coming back

Ahh, so I should probably send it to repairs. I mean, I shouldn't really bother but it has a really nice 22' screen.

yes most likely since it is a laptop and most likely a PSU problem it isnt too smart playing with it.

Back
Top Bottom