Switching Brands (PC BUILD)

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello there.. If you look at my System in my sig for a moment. I would like to ask some questions. Because I want more hard gaming is it wise to get a really good graphics card for my current rig or is it better to just switch my CPU Motherboard and My Memory.? I heard that Intels new stuff is really good?

Can anyone explain if I should just buy a new Graphics Card and I would be alright or just upgrade the lot?

wel if the rig you have there is socket 939 or AM2 you should be good to upgrade your processor to an amd athlon X2 which is a dual core processor , you could also upgrade your ram , add another gig and maybe a better graphics card . this would obviously be cheaper than building a whole new system , also if you wanert help deciding what to upgrade to ask i and others are happy to help around here
another thing you can do is build an intel dual core system using one of the core 2 duo chips but this would cos more as you would need new processor mobo ram and maybe vid card and psu

Yeah if you could list some sources and suggestions that would be great.. I can't really afford to go overboard so I was concidering your idea about changing to a higher AMD CPU chip and upgrading my GPU then adding an extra Gig of RAM. I am going to see Iron Maiden for the 3rd time on sunday so that is most of my money gone... But if you can find some hardware out and let me know how much it comes to that would be great :)

Thanks

well i guess that board is socket 939 so you may be able to get an athlon x2 here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-174-AM&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=567
you can get a slightly cheaper one here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-134-AM&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=567 but the performance will obviously be a lot less

as for ram you have 4 slots so just get another 2 512's to kee the dual channel running
as for the graphics card you could get like a 7900 series cos that would be better than your current card but your current card may be good enough depending on the games you wanna play

i can show you other shops if you want as well
maybe it would help if you told me how much you wanna spend

I'd go with a 8600GT XXX or GTS rather than a 7900. Maybe you don't need DX10 but they run HDR +AA at the same time and have a physics accelarator on them (wich is normally run by the cpu)

upgared your ram to atleast a gig (2 if ya can, big difference) and it wouldn't hurt to upgarde your videocard too. you might be able to get away with a 7800 or a 7900 for $200.

as far as the processor goes its pretty good - you could upgrade to another one (you have a 939 i bet) and just upgrade to a x2 like stated above or just overclock you processor a little bit and your good.

i would go with the RAM first, then the card and then the processor

Back
Top Bottom