Vista problems?

I know doing an OS upgrade is hard on performances. I would suggest you to save your important files and do a clean installation. If you only have the upgrade vista, do a clean install of XP and then upgrade it to vista.

I know doing an OS upgrade is hard on performances. I would suggest you to save your important files and do a clean installation. If you only have the upgrade vista, do a clean install of XP and then upgrade it to vista.

I did a full install of Vista, but it saved my old stuff in "windows.old". If I did a full install of XP, would it have the same feature and have a "windows.old"? If not, i'm going to order a new external hard drive.

... I hate vista now. Today I just learned that I can't play .avi format clips now, windows video crashes and shit... god...

I did a full install of Vista, but it saved my old stuff in "windows.old". If I did a full install of XP, would it have the same feature and have a "windows.old"? If not, i'm going to order a new external hard drive.

... I hate vista now. Today I just learned that I can't play .avi format clips now, windows video crashes and shit... god...

I really need to know this, I am about to reformat to XP.

Have you anti-virus software installed?

If not, with your problems with the game and avi files, you may have some sort of infection.

i dont know about 32bit but on 64bit half-life 2 runs better on it than xp because steam automatically downloads a 64bit patch which really does help with performance but thats no help to you.

if you have windows.old it is sure not a full install dude. I mean from a clean HDD/Partition.

For avi, you need to download the divx codex at www.divx.com

Back
Top Bottom