Vista problems?

cory551

Baseband Member
God damn it, alright, heres the story:

So, I got Vista Ultimate, it worked great and all for the first week or so. I have most of my old files and stuff, and I was content and happy. So... Today I am playing Half Life 2 (which worked great before, and even better on XP) and I get horrible frame rates all of a sudden. I get them every now and then, but not all the time... I ran a virus scan, did everything I could, and it doesn't fix it. Any help, suggestions? Also, I kindof plan on installing XP again, is it possible to even do that, and if I can, would I just do it normally (boot from cd)?

what u should do (cause more things are gonna switch to vista) is run a dual boot with xp and vista.. which is really easy. what is ur hard drive storage space? the ideal thing would to make 3 partitions. make 2 20gb and the last one the rest for storage. then just install vista on one, and xp on the other. Everytime you start up it will prompt you to choose vista or earlier version of windows. And yes to install xp just boot it from the cd like normal. So u dont have to delete all your stuff, i recomend downloading a partition manager and make a data partition and drag all your games and everything over there. Then make another partition 20gb and install xp. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

i have 2x320gb hardrive in raid 0 so basically one big 600 gb hardrive. I have 3 partitions 2-30gb for vista and xp, one very large one for data, documents, music, everything.

How are your temperatures? Have you got any other applications running in the background aswell, as they could be using processing time which would cause a slowdown in your games.

Alright, well, my temps are really good, I have plenty of vent in my case. I might try this dual boot idea here, if so can you just contact me on aim (xtc4free69) and help me out on there. By the way, my games crash a lot too, not sure why but what ever... I have a somewhat small harddrive, its only 300gigs, but its fairly empty. I am actually at school right now so I can'ttell you how much I have left but if you can get back to me then please do.

Edit: Also, when I installed Vista it created a folder called windows.old that had all my old stuff in there, and I was wondering, if I went back to XP, would it still have that old folder with all my music and stuff in it like it did with Vista? I probably will do the dual boot, but give me as much info as you can.

Ah.. and one more thing, if I have dual boot, and later in the future I just want one boot, can I delete the XP or Vista boot and just have one?

Sorry for the massive amount of questions, i'm just a little fed up with my computer at the moment.

Whats your specs? And Nvidia and ATI have only recently released fully hardware accelerated drivers for there graphics cards on Vista, so make sure there up to date. (quite Ironic really, lol).

Anyway, full specs please. And if your using a GForce FX card, I'll come and hunt you down. lol

Whats your specs? And Nvidia and ATI have only recently released fully hardware accelerated drivers for there graphics cards on Vista, so make sure there up to date. (quite Ironic really, lol).

Anyway, full specs please. And if your using a GForce FX card, I'll come and hunt you down. lol

haha, nah, I have a 8600GTS, amd x2 4200+, 300gig hd, 2.25gigs of ram, 400watt psu.

I'm pretty sure the drivers are up to date, but i'm actually going to check now.

Edit: All drivers are up to date, but... I never updated Vista since I installed it, I might do that.

Back
Top Bottom